Fairfax Street Station to open August 28
Starting Monday, August 28, 2017 Fairfax Street Station, located between Cook Hall and the Bonnie, will open for use.
The current bus hub on Radford’s main campus is located in Lot A, by Martin Hall. This will remain as a bus stop. However, the 60 route will no longer complete time-checks here. Buses will pull in conduct drop off and pick up before immediately departing the location. Fairfax Street Station will serve as the time-check for the 60 route on Radford University’s main campus beginning on August 28th. Buses will perform their time-check at this location, which means each bus will wait until their designated time before departing Fairfax Street Station. The 50 and 60 routes will now be departing as follows:
- Route 50 buses will depart Lot A every 10 minutes at :05, :15, :25, :35, :45, and :55 after the hour.
- Route 60 buses will depart Fairfax Station every 15 minutes at :00, :15, :30, and :45 after the hour.
Bus shelters will be available at the Fairfax Street Station. Buses can also be tracked using the Live Bus Tracker map available on mobile devices. A link for this service is available at the following URL: http://www.radfordtransit.com/nextbus/.
A new traffic pattern will be used in this area as a result of these changes.
- All traffic for Lot JJ and Fairfax Street Station will enter at the intersection of Jefferson and Fairfax Streets.
- ONLY buses and commercial vehicles may enter the semi-circle at Fairfax Street Station. The alley between Fairfax Street Station and the Bonnie will be one- way for commercial vehicles discharging onto Jefferson Street. No private vehicles will be permitted in the alley at any time.
- Lot AA, located next to the Bonnie, will no longer have a secondary exit onto the alleyway. All vehicles leaving Lot AA must do so at the Jefferson Street entrance and exit.
- An additional turn lane will be constructed for traffic entering Jefferson Street from Fairfax Street