Bike N’ Ride
Bring the bike along! Every Radford Transit bus has a bike rack on the front of the vehicle. Each rack holds two bikes and they are easy to use.
Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop, signal to the driver that you will be placing your bike on the rack and follow the instructions located on the bike rack. Our buses can carry up to 2 bikes at the same time; however no bikes are permitted inside the vehicle.
How To Load Your Bike
- Step 1: Squeeze handle to lower the rack.
- Step 2: Fold the rack down.
- Step 3: Load your bicycle in an empty slot.
- Step 4: Secure the bike by raising the support bar up and over the front tire.
Unloading Your Bike
As you near your stop, tell the driver you will be removing your bicycle and use the front door to exit.
- Lift support arm up and off the tire
- Lift your bicycle out of the rack
- Squeeze the handle and lift rack to its upright position
Where to Bike in Radford, VA
Bisset Park is Radford’s largest city park and is located on 57 acres of riverfront land in the central part of the city. The park offers walking trails, athletic fields, picnic shelters, children’s playground, a sand volleyball area and other opportunities for outdoor recreation. The three picnic are available for group functions.