Route Deviation GuidelinesAdopted March 2017
This document outlines Radford Transit’s guidelines for route deviations. These guidelines should be followed for each deviation. If you have questions or concerns, please contact operations staff at (540) 831-5911.
- All deviations must be received by end of service on previous day to when deviation is requested.
- Deviation requests must be within 3/4 of a mile from an established route and safe for bus travel.
- Management will need to approve deviation requests, ensuring they meet required guidelines.
- Deviations are not offered during special service or enhanced service.
- Radford Transit will wait five minutes past the scheduled deviation time before proceeding on route.
- Radford Transit allows one deviation per route per hour.
Last revised March 1, 2017