Which court do I need?
Please determine which Court has jurisdiction before contacting the Circuit Court Clerk's Office.
If your case number begins with "C," contact the Circuit Court Clerk's Office at 540-731-3610.
- The Circuit Court Clerk's Office cannot assist with General District or Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court matters.
If your case number begins with "G" or "J" contact the appropriate court office:
- General District Court (case numbers begin with "G"): 540-731-3609
- Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court (case numbers begin with "J"): 540-731-3609
Criminal Division Information
- The Criminal Division of the Clerk of Circuit Court handles all felony and misdemeanor cases originating by Grand Jury action as well as misdemeanor and traffic appeals from the General District and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts.
- The Criminal Division maintains all criminal files, prepares summons, accepts payment of fines and restitution, updates the criminal case management data base, and responds to requests for information.
- Adult traffic infractions are processed by the General District Court, which is a separate entity with its own Clerk's Office. Only when cases are appealed from the General District or Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court do they fall under the jurisdiction of the Circuit Court.
*Please note: Court personnel are prohibited by law from giving legal advice.